It is pretty normal in the industry, what, you didn't know!!!?
A site created by professionals voicing their opinion, to maybe help educate you who know it all

BE WARNED, CHEF'S KITCHEN RANT CONTAINS EXPLICT LANGUAGE

"Read it if you Dare"

Man Down.....er.....No.......Men Down......

Sunday, September 20, 2009

We have just survived a couple of weeks with men down and out. The team was halved from 4 to 2 and even at 4 chefs we are running on limited menu... I say that because my menu is usually large and intensive.
These past days have been tough. My trusty chef that I have named this week "the machine", has once again stood by me and stood up and produced the goods.

After going into disaster mode we have managed to keep all dishes on the menu as well as cater for the weddings and functions that we had. Hence the lack of posts here. We are now in the progress of recruiting chefs to steady the ship. A new menu is well over due and will be produced asap.

How hard is it to produce the work of 4 when you are two. Well it's tough but doable. Work longer and harder. Stock up and communicate well. The machine has pumped out some quality food and prep. Now at home on Saturday night well relieved and aching for a soapy bath can rest the tired muscles and limbs that have run hard and long.

We reduced the numbers of bookings. But even doing that we still had plenty to do. It is surprising what you can do. Now looking forward to getting at least one chef back next week.
Tell you the truth, I'm buggered!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the bath! You deserve it after being down a couple all week.

Hellraiser said...

Ok, so I have to admit it. It was me!
The English Lion and the Kiwi Tiger (aka The Machine) picked up the ball and ran like fucking maniacs to cover the losses and welcomed me back to the fold after nearly 2 weeks gone. What can I say? I'm privileged to have workmates like those two, who allowed me the luxury of time away to sort out some personal shit. I'd do it for these two any time.


Design by Our Blog Templates Copyright 2009-2010| All Rights Reserved Chef's Kitchen Rant"